You know that checkmark next to celebrities’ names on Facebook that let you know they are who they say they are and not some random fake account? Well, you can, and should have a checkmark next to your name on your Facebook page!
By getting your small business Facebook verified, you will instantly let anyone who comes across your page know they can trust you.
Why Should You Verify Your Page?
There are currently over 50 million businesses on Facebook (Source; techcrunch). A checkmark by your company’s name reassures that person who is viewing your page that they have found the authentic account.
Going through the process of getting verified helps boost your credibility while also gives your potential customer a sense of trust. Another perk of verifying your page is that Facebook will rank your business towards the top of its search results, making your business easier to find.
How Do You Verify Your Facebook Page?
- Click settings at the top of your page
- Within the General Tab, click page verification
- Click verify this page, then click “Get Started”
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language
- Click “Call Me Now” to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code
- Enter the four-digit verification code and click continue
Et Voila – you will have the famous verified tick!
Have you recently verified your small business page? Have you seen results? I’d love to hear all about them, let me know your experiences in the comments below!
Speak to you soon,